(8-26-18) How much would you pay for a hosta that you really want to add to your garden?
When you do purchase that hosta, why do you want it so bad? Good breeder, the hybrid comes from the person who originated it, got caught up in the moment…there is a lot of reasons some of us do it. To those who are not caught up in the hosta like many of us, $20 is an expensive plant to purchase.
What is your limit?
- under $50
- under $100
- under $150
- if you want it no limit
Below is some pricing from those who wanted a hosta pretty bad for their collection.
The 2018 American Hosta Society Online Auction results:
- S1,000 – Entranced OS – donated by Dan Wols
- $625 – Apple Pucker OS – donated Matt Bendig
- $514 – Evil Woman OS – donated by Chuck Wasitis
- $500 – Because of Art OS – donated by Ternes – Botanophilia LLC
- $176 – Schrange combo of several crosses (160+ seed) – Steve Schrang
Land of the Giants Hosta
Hostas On The Bluff
- $200 – Dorothy Benedict
Northern Grown Perennials
- $100 – Refiner’s Fire
In The Country
- $75 – Lasergame
Hosta Auctions Facebook (that ended on 8-26-18)
- $310 – Sally and Bob
So let’s hear what your limit it is? You can comment on our Facebook page –